3 Easy Steps to Make Almond Milk
What you’ll need:
- 1c raw almonds
- 4c filtered water
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 pitted dates
Soak almonds in water over night. (8-12 hrs) Drain the water from the almonds.
In a *Vitamix, blend almonds and dates in 4c of filtered water. Add vanilla.
Pour mixture through a cheesecloth or *nut milk bag into a large bowl. Store refrigerated, in an airtight container. Can be stored for 4-7 days. Shake before serving. A nut milk bag works much better than cheesecloth.
Benefits of Almond Milk
- Almond milk is a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E, so it can help prevent cancer and slow the signs of aging. The flavonoids in almond milk also help to reduce the number of free radicals in the body, protecting you from a number of degenerative diseases that occur with again, such as osteoporosis and type 2 diabetes.
- Unlike cow’s milk, almond milk contains no cholesterol and no saturated fats, so it won’t damage your cardiovascular system. Almond milk is also high in omega-3 fatty acids, which off many benefits including lowering your levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol.
- Compared to soy and rice milk, almond milk has the highest concentrations of vitamins and minerals.
- Almond milk is a great milk substitute choice for those who are trying to lower their fat and calorie intake.
*Almond Milk is Not Safe for Those with Tree Nut Allergies
*Almond Milk May Not Be Safe for Infants. Almond milk doesn’t contain the nutrition of breast milk and baby formula, so it isn’t an acceptable substitute for feeding infants. Feeding almond milk to infants may cause tree nut allergies to develop. Speak to your doctor before giving almond milk to your infant.
*Vitamix is one the BEST investments in your health that you can make!
*Enter code 06-008081 and get FREE shipping!
Eat Healthy and Thrive
* I used the Nut Milk Bag from Everyday Kitchen Essentials and it worked great.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.