Hippocrates soup is a vital component of the Gerson Therapy. The Gerson Diet is credited with curing many people from diseases such as cancer, tuberculosis, diabetes, arthritis, allergies, ulcers, heart disease, arteriosclerosis, auto-immune disorders, kidney disease, Multiple Sclerosis and more.
This is a soup recipe that heals and strengthens the immune system and kidneys. The soup can be eaten on it’s own or used as a flavorful base for other vegetable dishes.
4-quart stainless steel pot
Ingredients (Use organic ingredients):
- 1 medium celery knob or 3-4 stalks of celery
- 1 medium parsley root, if available (parsnips can be substituted)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (or more as desired)
- 2 small leeks
- 1 ½ pounds tomatoes or more if perferred
- 2 medium onions
- 1 pound of potatoes
- Parsley to taste
1. Wash all the vegetables thoroughly, unpeeled, cut into 1/2″ cubes.
2. Add just enough filtered water to cover the vegetables.
3. Cook all the ingredients under low heat for 1.5-2hours in a covered pot.
4. Remove from heat and run through food mill/blender.
5. Blend warm ingredients thoroughly till soup is thicky and creamy. Only blend the soup while its warm, otherwise the soup will become sticky when cooled.
6. Allow soup to cool before storing in refrigerator
- Unblended soup can be used as a base for other recipes.
- The soup should be cooked at low and slow heat to preserve its valuable nutrients and keep it easily digestible.
- If you prefer, you can cook the soup in a crock pot.
Eat Healthy and Thrive