Today we are exposed to more toxins than ever before, so it’s become even more important that we take care of our bodies by detoxing with natural medicinal foods like apple cider vinegar.
Make sure you use raw, organic vinegar, never dead, distilled vinegar because the natural enzymes, minerals, and nutrients are destroyed in the distilling process. Any vinegar that is clear and has no “mother” (the strand-like substance in the bottom of the bottle) has no nutritional value.
Apple cider vinegar is rich in natural minerals, vitamins and enzymes. The unique acids in apple cider vinegar can bind to toxins and help the body eliminate them more effectively.
Many people like to take 1-3 teaspoons in a glass of water before meals to aid digestion. Others enjoy adding it to hot water with honey to drink as a tea. You can also use apple cider vinegar to make tasty and nutritious sauces and salad dressings.
Here are 10 ways that Apple Cider Vinegar can benefit your health:
1. Maintain pH Balance: The body constantly strives to achieve a state of homeostasis. One way is by keeping the body’s pH balance within the normal range of 7.35 – 7.45. Apple cider vinegar helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level. Research shows that higher acid levels (lower pH level) leads to a lack of energy, excessive production of mucous and higher incidences of infection, among other things.
2. Detoxes the body: Apple cider vinegar is useful in overall detoxification of the body. Research shows that it can help stimulate cardiovascular circulation and help detoxify the liver. apple cider vinegar aids detoxification by breaking up mucus throughout the body and cleansing the lymph nodes to allow for better lymph circulation. A healthy lymphatic system can remove toxins from the cells in the body and improves immune system response.
3. Weight loss: Apple Cider Vinegar helps to break down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
4. Lowers Blood Sugar: ACV was studied by researchers at Arizona State University. The preliminary study, published in the Diabetes Care journal, reported that ACV helps reduce levels of glucose.It appears that the Acetic acid in ACV slows the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
5. Cures: Sinus infections, allergies, sore throats, headaches, flu. Reducing the effects of allergies can also reduce the frequency of sinus infections and the symptoms associated with them, such as sore throats and headaches. Boosting the immune system can also curb bouts of the flu.
6. Clears: Acne, dermatitis, warts and other skin problems. Some practitioners recommend mixing one part apple cider vinegar and three parts water and dabbing the solution on each pimple. For warts, some recommend soaking a cotton ball in an apple cider vinegar solution then place over the wart with a band-aid overnight. Continue the treatment for a few more days, to make sure the wart doesn’t return.
A hot bath prepared with a cup of apple cider vinegar and a cup of Epsom salts will draw toxins out through the skin and help jumpstart the cleansing process. This can also help relieve joint pain as well as skin conditions like eczema and acne.
7. Eases arthritis, stiff joints and gout: Regular use of apple cider vinegar can be tied to a decrease in joint pain and gout by reducing inflammation; data suggests the malic acid in the vinegar is able to dissolve the uric acid crystals within the joint and assist in flushing them from the body.
8. Lower blood pressure and cholesterol: One of the most important healing qualities of apple cider vinegar is its ability to lower blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides. Try 1-2 teaspoons of vinegar in about eight ounces of water; if you want, add a teaspoon of honey to make it more palatable.
9. Kills candida: This vinegar is rich in natural enzymes that can help rid your body of candida.
10. Heartburn Relief: 1 tablespoon of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in 4 ounces of filtered water after a meal has been used as a natural remedy for heartburn and as a replacement for toxic heartburn medications.
Eat Healthy & Thrive