(Adapted from Vegetarian Times)
- 2-3 Tbsp. water
- 2 medium leeks, finely chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups low-sodium or no salt vegetable broth
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Pumpkin seeds for garnish, optional
1. In saucepan over medium-low heat, add leeks and water, and cook about 10 minutes, or until soft, stirring often.
2. Add squash and pears, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add salt, if desired. Simmer 20 minutes, or until squash is fork-tender.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in coconut milk. Purée soup in batches in blender or food processor, blend until smooth. Return soup to saucepan, and stir in thyme. Reheat over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until warmed through. Season with salt and white pepper, if desired. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
Eat Healthy & Thrive