- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. sea salt (optional)
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground fennel seed
- 3 beets
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 fennel bulb
- 5-6 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 6 cups mixed greens, coarsely chopped
- 1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
To make Lemon Dressing: Whisk together all dressing ingredients in bowl or shake in jar. *This dressing contains no oil, so if you’d like it creamier or more substantial, throw all the above ingredient into the Vitamix with either 1/2 an avocado or a tomato.
Cook beets in boiling water 20 to 30 minutes, or until easily pierced with knife. Drain and cool. Cut off stem ends, peel. Cut beets into thin wedges. Toss beets with vinegar in bowl, cover, and chill.
Cut fennel in half lengthwise, and thinly slice each half.
Combine greens, radicchio, and red onion in a bowl and toss with 2-3 Tbsp. of dressing. Arrange on a large platter. Top with fennel and oranges, then beets and olives. Serve the remaining dressing on side.
Eat Healthy & Thrive