These peanut butter balls are a much healthier alternative to your traditional “buckeyes.” Easy to make and delcious, I’m sure these will become a favorite treat in your home.
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- ¾ cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter (crunchy or creamy will work)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup *coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
*Coconut Flour is a delicious, healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours. It is very high in fiber, low in digestible carbohydrates, a good source of protein and gluten free.
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey and salt.
- Add in the coconut flour gradually, a tablespoon at a time until a soft “dough” forms.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto a pan lined with wax paper. (Roll with your hands to make them smooth, if you like.) Place the balls in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate together with the coconut oil.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer, and dip each one into the melted chocolate mixture, coating each one thoroughly. Return the chocolate-covered balls to the wax paper, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
Eat Healthy and Thrive