If you’re looking for a delicious soup to warm you up on a cold night, then definitely give this one a try!
Ingredients: * Use organic ingredients if available.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 TBSP Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth or water
- 1 15oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (you could substitute any bean)
- 3 TBSP natural peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 2 tsps. curry powder
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
Heat water and Liquid Amino’s in a large pot. Add onion and sweet potatoes and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until onion is soft. Add carrot, celery, and bell pepper. Cover and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, broth or water, beans, peanut butter, and curry powder. Stir to combine, then cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork. To serve, place 1/2 cup of cooked rice or quinoa in a bowl and top it with a generous serving of soup.
Eat Healthy & Thrive